Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Here We Go...

Well, I've always kinda made fun of people for blogging and couldn't really see myself doing it persay, but then this afternoon while procrastinating doing homework, I found myself reading a bunch of different blogs and it kinda seemed like a fun thing to do, so here I am! Plus this way, I don't have to tell about 50 different people what I've been up to, I'll just tell them to read my blog, ha just kiddin' wouldn't really say that, but I think you catch my drift.

Life has been busy busy busy lately and I've been loving it! Because without having time to sit around and think about things makes time go by faster then ever!! I mean I'm almost done with my Freshman year of college for goodness sakes! 

Lately, most of my free time (if you can call it that) has been consumed by track, which, in college, is a full time job. I love all the fun places I get to go and compete and feeling like part of a team is always wonderful! Our indoor season just ended not too long ago and I even got to go to Fargo, ND for our conference meet! Although I didn't compete as well as I'd like, which is more often the case, I was grateful for all the experience that I've gained thus far!







Icing our shin splints at our first indoor meet at Idaho State! 

Mary and I enduring the long bus rides :) Love this girl!

And with going to lots of cool places comes lots of LONG bus, plane, and van rides. Heck I think I've spent more time on a bus this past semester than anything else!! But it all comes with the task I guess...And one of the best parts about college track vs. high school is that we get meal money!! Everytime we go somewhere our coach gives us some money so that we can pay for our meals, and all the money that we don't spend we get to keep which is a nice little bonus. So not only do I get a little extra spending money every now and then, but we also get to eat out A LOT! haha

Another fun thing that our girls team did for conference this year was we all got jedi braids. (Well, that's not really what they're called but that's what I like to call them) So, as good a teammate as Shelby is, she put jedi braids complete with string and beads in all our hair!! And I gotta admit, I love mine and still have it in! haha I think it might be what helped our girls team get 2nd at conference, just behind North Dakota State!


We also painted our nails with SUU spirit!! :)
Chelsea and I pumped for competition!
Since we don't have a PV coach, we gotta rely on each other for much needed advice!
Gettin ready to rock the runway! I ended up clearing 10' at Conference, which was my indoor PR.


No comments:

Post a Comment